Tax-Exempt Review Committee
The Tax Exempt Review Committee evaluates applications from property owners for various property tax exemptions and economic incentives. The committee forwards its recommendations to the Fargo City Commission.
The committee also:
- formulates and maintains the City of Fargo’s economic development incentive policy and submits it to the City Commission for adoption.
- formulates and maintains overall policy for certain property tax exemption programs allowed under North Dakota law where local discretion is allowed. These policies are submitted to the City Commission for approval and adoption.
NOTICE - The Tax Exempt Review Committee has recently been working on revising some of the policies relating to property tax incentives. You may download the current draft revision of the policies and guidelines at the link below. Please email any comments to BHushka@cityoffargo.com.
DOWNLOAD THE DRAFT REVISION OF TAX EXEMPT REVIEW COMMITTEE POLICY & GUIDELINES
The committee meets on the fourth Tuesday of each month at 1:30 p.m. in the City Commission Room at 200 3rd St. N. Meetings are broadcast live on CableOne TV Fargo channel 56, then shown again on:
- Tuesday's at 1 p.m.
- Saturday's at 2 p.m.
The voting members of the committee are:
- Mayor Dr. Tim Mahoney
- City Commissioner Dave Piepkorn
- City Administrator Bruce Grubb
- City Finance Director Kent Costin
- Charles Hoge
- Jim Buus, Goldmark Schlossman Commercial Real Estate Services
- Jessica Ebeling, Warner and Company
The non-voting members are:
- Broc Lietz, Fargo School District
- Mark Lemer, West Fargo School District
- City Planning Director James Gilmour
- City Assessor Ben Hushka
When vacancies arise on the committee, the mayor appoints new members.
If you wish to place an item on the committee’s agenda, contact:
City Assessor Ben Hushka
321 4th St. N.
City of Fargo Assessment Dept.
Fargo, ND 58102