Tax-Exempt Review Committee
The Tax Exempt Review Committee evaluates and makes recommendations to the City Commission on certain property tax incentives.
The committee also:
- formulates and maintains the City of Fargo’s Tax Exempt Committee Policy & Guidelines and submits it to the City Commission for adoption.
- formulates and maintains overall policy for certain property tax incentive programs allowed under North Dakota law where local discretion is allowed. These policies are submitted to the City Commission for approval and adoption.
NOTICE - The Tax Exempt Review Committee has recently been working on updates and revisions to the policies and guidelines. You may download the current draft revision at the link below. Please email any comments to BHushka@cityoffargo.com.
DOWNLOAD THE DRAFT REVISION OF TAX EXEMPT REVIEW COMMITTEE POLICY & GUIDELINES
The committee meets on the fourth Tuesday of each month at 1 p.m. in the City Commission Room at 200 3rd St. N. Meetings are broadcast live on CableOne TV Fargo channel 56, then shown again on:
- Tuesday's at 1 p.m.
- Saturday's at 2 p.m.
The voting members of the committee are:
- Mayor Tim Mahoney
- City Commissioner Dave Piepkorn
- City Administrator Bruce Grubb
- City Finance Director Kent Costin
- Charles Hoge
- Jim Buus, Goldmark Schlossman Commercial Real Estate Services
- Jessica Ebeling, Warner and Company
The non-voting members are:
- Broc Lietz, Fargo School District
- Mark Lemer, West Fargo School District
- City Planning Director James Gilmour
- City Assessor Ben Hushka
When vacancies arise on the committee, the mayor appoints new members.
If you wish to place an item on the committee’s agenda, contact:
City Assessor Ben Hushka
321 4th St. N.
City of Fargo Assessment Dept.
Fargo, ND 58102